Saturday 23 March 2013

Three Days Off



Hello Everyone, 


Well the last few days haven’t had very much craft-time about them at all. I spent all of Wednesday at Uni doing work, but did find some time to sign up to a postcard exchange on futuregirl’s blog. I really like this idea, all I had to do was send the lady my name and address and she will send me a post card when she next writes a ‘batch’. I can’t wait to receive one, really looking forward to sending one back. The blog itself is all about her knitting projects, and very interesting as one of the first things that got me into crafting was actually being shown how to crochet/knit again after quite a few years. I have caught onto crochet, never having done it, but I have not caught on to knitting again yet. Maybe just following her posts will give me some inspiration.


My Wonky Start! :P

I spent a lovely day on Thursday with my boyfriend; we went to see our best friend and her one week old little girl. She’s so sweet, but I am happy that I can hand her back when I’m done fussing over her. Not quite ready for a family of my own just yet. :P After such a lovely day, I spent  a few hours in the evening at a clothes swap/craft session which was held by the charity that I have been volunteering with since December 5th 2012. The charity, Young Potential, supports young and disabled people in a number of areas in Lincolnshire. 
Straightening out :P
I’ll pop a link in for anyone who’s interested. The project that I have been volunteering with is the ViTaL project that is attempting to develop a support network for disadvantaged young people in my community. The craft session on Thursday went really well, I spent some time doing my crochet. I’m in the process of trying to make a scarf, which is slow going. The beginning of my scarf looks very wonky as I tried to learn how to keep the right number of stitches, but I have got it now. It now sticks to 20/21 stitches more often than not. Anyway, during the craft session I had a fantastic time chatting with everyone and it was nice to do something different for a change.


Postcard for the Vintage Cafe
Friday day time was a little strange, so I will leave that be, but Friday night was fantastic. My boyfriend and I went to the ViTaL Projects’ last volunteer event, which was a music night and pub quiz. We won, with some help from another volunteer. The prize was amazing, a ‘vintage’ games console for my boyfriend (I can’t remember the correct name of it, however many times he tells me. lol) which he was very pleased about, and a voucher for a beautiful little craft/fabric shop, as well as a voucher for afternoon tea at a vintage café/shop. There was also a vintage scarf, which was a lovely blue and green design and went to the other girl in our group. I’ll try and get some pictures up of the vouchers; they have a fantastic design to them. I’m really really excited about going and using the craft shop voucher, and the café. I love vintage things.


Image on the Vintage Cafe's Voucher
 Anyway, that was a big post and I may have just rambled on about aimless things from the last few days. I’m trying to make sure I make these posts personal enough to keep everyone interested but not so personal that it becomes awkward to read. Heh. Hopefully once I get myself some craft materials at the end of April I will have a bit more to show you and talk about. I’m going to need all the help I can get and look forward to seeing people’s comments. I’m really excited about entering some of the challenges I’ve seen online too. For now I should probably try to focus on my revision for Uni, I have exams in May which is coming round far too quick… I have lots of things to look forward too, especially Thursday when I get to finally make my first card at the lesson I have booked. :P Yay.  



 I think I’ll stop there and sign off. Talk to you all again soon.

Sara xx


2 comments:

  1. Haha! Your wonky scarf looks a lot like my first knitting attempts. :) Mine also had lots of random yarn-over holes in the middle. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)Always good to hear its not just my really bad technique. lol. Hopefully it will get better. :)

      Thank you for your comment.
      Sara xx

      Delete