Tuesday 23 April 2013

Christmas Cards in April

These will be the final two cards I put up for today, even if I make more. :P

The first one is a card that I got the idea from after making my card for The Cutie Pie Challenge - Clean and Simple Challenge.

Here is the first card.
 This card was made using:
  •  DoCraft Papermania "5x "7 White Card Blank
  • Little Musings - Merry Christmas Set 
  • Artbox Fibre Pens - Red, Green, Brown  





I'm obviously really liking the clean and simple look today. I was going to use my colourpro pencils to colour her in, but found that there isn't a red in that set. I was really happy when I found this fibre pens in the top draw of my desk. :P

 



 Here's an up close photo of the sentiment. I like the text style on this set. I'm going to look into making some more Christmas cards that are a little more embellished soon. 







And here's my second Christmas card of the day. 


This card was made using:
  •  DoCraft Papermania "5x "7 White Card Blank
  • Little Musings - Merry Christmas Set 
  • Artbox Fibre Pens - Red, Green, Brown
  • 3D Adhesive Foam pads


I like the fact that this stocking is not your average image. It looks like an actual sock and not a manufactured stocking. It's so sweet. 

As you can see, I'm not great at colouring in as of yet and the fibre pens are something I've not coloured with since I was about seven years old. lol. I think it came out alright though. 

Have to remember that fibre pens (or felt pens as I used to call them) get their ink everywhere. So when I was cutting this out, I ended up with ink all over my fingers. It was worth it though, because I like the dimension that the foam pads add. :P




 So that's it for today. I feel like I've just throw lots of images at you and I hope you don't over load on information. :/ 

I'm going to go and find some lunch I think. Spent a long morning card making and I'm getting hungry. :) 

Hope you all have a good day. 
Take Care. 

Sara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment